Holmarc’s Zeeman Effect model no: HO-ED-S-04B is designed for analyzing both transverse and longitudinal Zeeman splitting. Here more than the transverse triplet splitting we can observe normal longitudinal doublet splitting without central line as contrast to the transverse mode Zeeman Effect. The new & integrated design helps students to understand the classical behavior of atomic & molecular physics.
We have already discussed the transverse zeeman effect before in model HO-ED-S-04. The source low pressure mercury lamp emits different prominent lines of frequencies. The light passes through one of the poles of electromagnet; in which the most prominent green line is filtered with hot mirror (Red filter) & green interference filter. The light corresponding to 546nm passes through Fabry-perot etalon & interfere each other, which in turn focused by zoom lens to CMOS camera. And can be monitored on a PC via USB 2.0 interface. A polarizer is introduced in between filter & fabry perot unit to visualize normal & anomalous Zeeman Effect.
Dedicated software which control & monitors the live fringe pattern which can capture for measurement analysis. In fabry perot etalon module one mirror is fixed & other made parallel using Allen key knobs fine turning arrangement. The mirrors are Aluminum coated & MgF protective coating 2 applied
1. Observing the line triplet for the normal transverse Zeeman Effect.
2. Observing Longitudinal Zeeman shifting.
3. Observing the polarization effects on Zeeman lines.
1. To find Spacing of the etalon.
2. Verification of the magnetic moment constant Bohr magneton (μ).
3. Analysis of Planck's constant (h) and speed of light (c) using Zeeman Effect.
4. Calibration of the magnetic field.